By filling in your ‘Looking For’ preferences, you can define the type of person you will be matched with - These criteria range from age, gender, location, background and interests, to whether they should/shouldn't have children and so on.
How it works
- Preferences are displayed on your profile, so other members can see the kind of person you're looking for.
- They can be updated or deleted at any time.
- Any preferences selected are automatically included in your ‘Looking for ‘criteria, so are used to filter the members you actually see in your matches pages. Preferences are the starting point for our matching system, which finds potential matches for you.
If you're quite specific
If you opt for really specific preferences (for example: Aries star sign, living in Mt Newman, aged 42, has pets and works in financial services), you may find that search results could be quite limited. If this is the case for you, then take the time to think about your "looking for" preferences – are you being too picky? Review your criteria and think about broadening your search to include a wider group of members as this may actually help you find your ideal partner!
How to set your "Looking for" preferences
- Log in to RSVP.
- Head to Edit profile from your Profile icon.
- Where you see the 'Atbout me' section, under ‘Looking for’ simply click in the fields you wish to add or update and you’re done.